Bedford Blues & BBQ Triple Play Registration
Individual Contest Registrations will open at a later date if spaces remain.For the second year we will be bringing you the Bedford BBQ Triple Play Contest. Register now to enter all 3 cooking events at a discounted price. If any spots remain for individual events (SCA, IBCA, KCBS) we will open them at a later date. Spots will fill fast as last year we had 42 teams on the waiting list. Sign up now to ensure your spot.
The judging for the SCA event is held on FRIDAY - 8/30/19
The judging for the IBCA event is held on SATURDAY - 8/31/19
The judging for the KCBS contest is held on SUNDAY 9/1/19
Please keep your email updated. It is our main form of communication used to keep you updated.
SCA: The SCA Steak competition will be held on Friday night, August 30. Steak will be provided for that event. For more information on SCA rules and regulations go to www.steakcookoffs.com. Note that you must be there by 4:00PM for the cooks meeting. We will continue our Friday night entertainment as well. Your wristbands will allow everyone access into the Party Tent area for Friday night ONLY and General Admission area all weekend. We just ask that you leave your coolers and beverages back in "BBQ town" due to TABC guidelines
The International Barbecue Cookers Association is back at our event for a second year. The IBCA contest will be held on Saturday, August 31, starting at 12:00PM. The IBCA contest will host the 3 main meats, Chicken, Ribs, and Brisket as well as an "Anything Goes" Ancillary in conjunction with the People's Choice competition. For more info on IBCA go to http://ibcabbq.org/organization-documents/
People’s Choice: The 2019 People's Choice event will be Saturday, August 31, from 4:00PM-6:00PM (directly following the IBCA Brisket turn in). We offer incentives for teams competing in our People's Choice event. Each team gets 10 extra wristbands, a closer spot to turn in, and of course exposure. We will also be providing each team that participates in People's Choice a pork butt (that can be used in competition, or saved for later). We are always in desperate need of additional People’s Choice Participants on Saturday. In addition to the extra wristbands, closer locations to turn in and prize money, we will have raffle drawings. All teams that participate in People’s Choice will be eligible for the drawing that will be held Saturday afternoon. Everyone competing in People's Choice will need to pass a health inspection on Saturday morning. We provide everything to help you pass EXCEPT for meat, meat thermometer, and fire extinguisher. Please note you will only be ensured a closer to turn in spot in 2019 if you compete in People's Choice, no exceptions (i.e. 50 amp spots, handicap, friend requests). For the first time you can also enter your product into the IBCA "Anything Goes" ancillary for another chance at prize money. Entry is $20 per turn in and will be held at 4:30pm during the People's Choice competition.
The KCBS contest will continue to be a Sunday turn in. Cooks will turn in all 4 meats (chicken, ribs, pork, brisket) and have the option to compete in beans, dessert and the Jackpot sauce competition. For more info on KCBS visit https://www.kcbs.us/about.php
Electricity will remain on until Monday morning at 8:00AM.
A few of the turn in times have changed. We will continue to keep you updated.
CANCELLATION POLICY -
The total refund will be a percentage of the actual amount paid minus any fees that we had to pay the credit card company (so it will be slightly less than what you actually paid).
21 days or over = 100% - this will be 8/9 at midnight
20 days - 14 days = 75% - this will be 8/16 at midnight
13 days - 7 days = 50% - this will be 8/23 at midnight
6 days or less = no refund
It is possible to avoid all penalties and have another team cook in your space.
- The event is located at the City of Bedford City Hall property. The address is 2000 Forest Ridge Dr, Bedford TX 76021. The actual event will take place in the four block radius surrounding the property and the street will be closed down. Teams and judges will enter via Northbound Forest Ridge Drive at the City Hall entrance.
- For those teams towards the back there will be a little bit of a walk to turn ins. You will need to make sure that you time it correctly when you arrive (they will be in a building across the street). Please let us know if you have a large RV or are primitive camping so we know whether or not to put your team under the trees we have on the back part of BBQ town. Teams competing in People’s Choice will be given the slots in the Northwest corner closest to the turn in location. Please let me know if this was not the case in 2018 so we can do better in 2019.
- Please notice our BBQ town is in a field adjacent to our City Hall across the street from the Blues portion of the festival. There is no built in electric, WiFi or water. We do our best to supply access to water spigots, generators, etc. To ensure you have the correct amount of electricity to run your equipment you must purchase in advance. You will be placed according to your electric and water needs. Please see below information on rules, regulations and prices of these amenities.
Spaces are 40 X 20 (Camper, RV, handicap, etc.) All vehicles and/or equipment must fit inside this space. Cars will not be allowed to drive in and out due to space and pedestrian issues. There is a parking lot located nearby for vehicles that need to get out and each team participating in the Triple Play will be provided 2 parking passes to get in and out. You do have the option of buying an extra space. The extra space is for your personal use and another team CANNOT compete out of that space!
- EVENT LOCATION: All spaces are on grass/dirt in an open field. Some spots have tree coverage for primitive camping competitors.
- PACKETS: Packets can be picked up at the as you arrive at the gate if you arrive after 2PM on Saturday let the lot attendant know you are arriving for the BBQ competition.
- ELECTRIC: Electric provided will be 1 – 20 amp electrical outlets via generators. We group all of you according to your electrical and water needs, so please make sure we have all of that information correct. Additional electricity can be provided if needed at an extra charge. $25 will ensure you 1, 30 amp outlet. $50 will ensure you 1, 50 amp outlet. If you plan to run an RV you will need to upgrade to one of these. If you need multiple outlets to run multiple pieces of equipment (i.e. RV, Cook Trailer, etc) then you will need to purchase as such. The electricity will run in the middle and everyone will need the appropriate extension cord to reach to that point. Please try to have correct adapters for different outlets. We will have a limited number of adapters available to rent on site. You are welcome to bring your own generators as well. The electricity will stay on until 8:00AM on Monday morning. We want to ensure each team has a comfortable experience but cannot cover hard costs for electricity so please be mindful.
- WATER: Water will also be provided if needed. It should have been indicated in your registration. The water is located at the far end. If you are on the opposite end you will need to run enough hose to your spot (could be as far as 300 ft). If you do NOT need water running directly up to your spot, please let me know and I will switch your spot out to a spot further from the water and you can help out fellow pit masters with the water hose issue. You will still have access to the water, even if you state you don’t need it at your spot.
- ICE: Everyone will receive ice for the competitions (up to 3 bags) and any additional ice can be purchased at $5 a bag. The ice vendor will be on site all weekend. Due to difficulties in the past we are going to continue to have City Staff on hand to sell ice in 2019.
- LAYOUT: If you want to be “neighbors” with someone please indicate it on your form. Please know we will do our best but cannot guarantee this depending on electric, water, and People's Choice needs.
- SETUP: Team set up begins at 9AM on Friday and ends at 4:00PM on Saturday. Due to anticipated foot traffic, all BBQ teams must be registered and team vehicles/smokers/RVs must be in place no later than 4:00PM Saturday. If your arrival will be after 4:00PM, please let me know. We will have a BBQ parking lot and all cars that are not RV’s will need to move to that lot for in and out privileges.
- COOKS MEETING:
- The SCA cooks meeting will be Friday at TBA
- The IBCA cooks meeting will be Friday at TBA
- The KCBS cooks meeting will be Saturday at TBA
- CATEGORIES: Additional categories and ancillary competitions can be added and/or removed on-site. If you decide you want to do sauce when you arrive we can add that with cash or check only. You can turn in more than one of these if wanted.
- TICKETS: Each team will receive 10 wristbands. These wristbands will be good for all 3 days and will allow you access in and out of the festival grounds. There will be people at the entrance checking for wristband in 2019. If you need to purchase more wristbands let me know. * If you participate in People’s Choice you will be given 10 additional wristbands for the weekend. That is over a $100 value!! Join us for this FUN event!!! The People’s Choice Teams are also located at the Northwest corner of the lot in the closest locations to the turn ins.*